Saturday, November 21, 2009

Confused About Coconut Oil?

I just read in your article on "inflammatory responses" that coconut oil is one item to avoid. If I apply coconut oil to my skin to address dryness, can it make its way into my system and cause any problems?

The reason I recommend avoiding coconut oil in the diet is because it is a highly saturated fat (it's one of the few saturated fats that doesn't come from animals). Like other saturated fats, coconut oil can raise cholesterol levels and, therefore, should play only a very limited role, if any, in your diet. In the past, coconut oil was widely used in movie popcorn, candy bars and commercial baked goods but has been phased out of many of these products because of consumer opposition to unhealthy tropical oils. Read more...

Ayurstate for Prostate Care

No comments: